The Young Kingz Daily 2.0: Bill Russell Conversation w/ Dwight Howard
Bill Russell Conversation w/ Dwight Howard. Okay this nigga went ham tonight. 16pts, 21 rbs, & 9 blocks and still came up w/ an L (Ah well blame it on Jameeeerrrr). Where ya'll at Orlando fans? One more win away! ...
Bill Russell / Dwight Howard Interview вЂ“ Game 4 of NBA Finals ...
Bill Russell / Dwight Howard Interview вЂ“ Game 4 of NBA Finals вЂ“ 2009. by admin on Jun.12, 2009, under news. :bill russell, dwight howard. Leave a Reply. Click here to cancel reply. Name (required). Mail (will not be published) (required ...
Feature: Dwight talks to Russell. Nice reminder of the KG-Russell piece last year. Seriously, let's make sure Bill Russell is featured in every Finals series until he dies, or doesn't want to do it anymore. The man has earned it, ...
20 Second Timeout: Bill Russell on Dwight Howard
Ahmad Rashad and the NBA TV pregame show crew (Gary Payton, Chris Webber) spoke with 11-time NBA champion Bill Russell prior to game one of the Finals. Russell made three very interesting comments, two about Dwight Howard and one about ...
Howard shares time with Bill Russell at NBA finals - Wire Services ...
EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -Dwight Howard shared some time with Hall of Fame center Bill Russell before the Orlando Magic lost Game 1 of the NBA finals.
Howard shares time with Bill Russell at NBA finals
Breaking San Diego news from The San Diego Union-Tribune: Classifieds, entertainment, sports, hotels and visitor information.
Hoop Thoughts: BILL RUSSELL ON FRIENDSHIP
BILL RUSSELL ON FRIENDSHIP. From the book, "Red and Me," by Bill Russell with Alan Steinberg. Some people think that friends have to be equals in everything -- in other words, what I get from you must be equal to what you get from me. ...
NBA Finals MVP Award Named in Russels' Honor В« Gospelspectrum's Blog
Bill Russell, the cornerstone of a Boston Celtics team that won 11 NBA championships in 13 seasons, including a record eight straight titles, will be permanently honored by having The Finals Most Valuable Player Trophy named for him, ...
NBA Legend Bill Russell | WBUR and NPR - On Point with Tom Ashbrook
NBA and Boston Celtics basketball legend Bill Russell reflects on a life on the court and his friendship with coaching great, Red Auerbach.
Remember when Michael Jordan embarrassed "Bill Russell" during the NBA Finals?
Why is michael jordan considered better than wilt?
why...statistically and dominance.. is wilt not considered the geatest of all time??...i mean he avg like 50 pts w/o a 3 pt line (not that he could hit threes) and w/o good free throw shooting (which he did alot)...he still scored that much and was a dominant defensive force...now jordan avg impressive numbers too..but seems to me that wilt was more impressive on the court...so who is better??
Also dont say championships...even though it was part of mj's success...bill russell won 11, robert horry won 7 are they considered better than jordan??.. also this is what wilt did
2Г— NBA champion (1967, 1972)
4Г— NBA MVP (1960, 1966-1968)
13Г— NBA All-Star (1960-1969, 1971-1973)
1Г— NBA Finals MVP (1972)
7Г— All-NBA First Team Selection (1960-1962, 1964, 1966-1968)
3Г— All-NBA Second Team Selection (1963, 1965, 1972)
2Г— NBA All-Defensive First Team Selection (1972-1973)
1960 NBA Rookie of the Year
1Г— NBA All-Star Game MVP (1960)
NBA's 50th Anniversary All-Time Team
NBA 35th Anniversary Team
Why is michael jordan considered better than wilt?
Center - Bill Russell
PF - Tim Duncan
Small Forward - Dominique Wilkins
Shooting Guard - MJ
Point Guard - Magic Johnson
My list, what is yours?
This question never gets old, who is your all time NBA Team?
1. Michael Jordan, 6 nba championships, 6 finals mvp's, 5 mvp's, most efficient/ consistent scorer of all time avging 30 ppg on 50% shooting, while being one of the best perimeter defenders of all time. was the whole package, and came through in the clutch.
2. Bill Russell, 11 nba championships, 5 mvp's, most intelligent player to ever play the game won 9 championships as a player, and 2 as a player/coach. the best interior defender of all time.
3. Wilt Chamberlain, 2 nba championships, 4 nba mvp's was the most dominant player of all time, avged 50 ppg while grabbing 24 rpg. physically the best player of all-time.
4. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, 6 nba championships, 6 nba mvp's, was just a all around great nba center, he was a winner, had a high b-ball iq.
5. Magic Johnson, 5 nba championships, 3 nba mvp's, was just a leader, a great all around nba player, could change the whole flow of the game with his passing.
6. Larry Bird, 3 nba championships, 3 nba mvp's, never was he the most athletic, but his heart and determination made him better than players more athletic than him.
7. Hakeem Olajuwon, 2 nba championships, 2 nba mvp's, probably the most dynamic center ever in the nba had all sorts of moves
8. Oscar Robertson, 1 nba championship, 1 nba mvp, the best all around player to play in the nba, avged 30 ppg 10 rpg 10 apg in one season, but only once did he had a team to win the nba championship.
9. Shaquille O'neal, 4 nba championships, 3 finals mvp's, 1 mvp, probably the 2nd most physically imposing athlete of all time, so unstoppable, in 2003 they had to legalize the zone.
10. Tim Duncan, 4 nba championships, 3 finals mvp's, 2 nba mvp's, probably the 2nd smartest big man of all time, although losing some of his athleticism over the years, continues to play at the level he has played in his prime because of his skill and high bball iq.
11. Kobe Bryant, 3 nba championships, 1 mvp, early in his young career he has won championships stepping up in the clutch, probably the games best learner of all time, watched old tapes of michael and other greats and using those moves, making him really skilled, but when it comes to the big moments make or miss this guy has no fear, has always come up big in the closing moments, and is probably the best closer of all time.
12. Julius Erving, 1 nba championship, 2 aba championships, 1 nba mvp, 2 aba mvp's, the most graceful athlete to ever play the game, scoring mostly on dunks and lay ups.
13. Jerry West, 1 nba championship, 1 finals mvp, the sharp shooting guard in the 70's was one of the best clutch performers of all time earning the nickname mr. clutch, and is on the nba logo
14. Isiah Thomas, 2 nba championships, 1 finals mvp, was an ultra quick nba player, who was a great leader for the pistons bad boy team.
15. Karl Malone, 2 mvp's, probably the best player to not win an nba championship because of the greatest player of all time michael jordan imposing his will against him.
special honorable mention: George Mikan, 7 nbl/naa/nba championships, was the first ever dominant basketball player, and paved the way for everybody else in this list
honorable mention: Charles Barkley, John Stockton, Elgin Baylor, Patrick Ewing, George Gervin, Pete Maravich, Moses Malone, Kevin Mchale, Scottie Pippen, David Robinson,
to be mentioned: Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Paul
top 15 best players of all time?
coach Phil Jackson
Len Bias could have been the greatest player to play the game but he didnt get to play.
coach Red Auerbach
So which franchise is better from the 1940s to now? Lakers or Celtics?
Feel free to critique, hate, whine, or, god forbid, agree!
15. Bob Cousy - Showed what it meant to be a guard.
14. Julius Irving - Made the NBA fun again.
13. Hakeem Olajuwon - People forget how dominant this guy was.
12. Magic Johnson - Brought versatility to the game.
11. Karl Malone - I have no doubt in my mind that if Jordan had never played in the NBA, Karl Malone would be in most people's Top 5.
10. Jerry West - Watching footage of this guy is amazing. Set the stage for good playmaking and laid foundation for the closer.
9. Tim Duncan - The silent giant. The guy has accomplished everything he needs to, something that can't be said for many (if any) current NBA players.
8. Elgin Baylor - This guy was incredible! His rebounding skills mixed with his ability to score and his willingness to pass secures him a place in my top 10.
7. Larry Bird - Such a swift player who really studied the game. His dedication, even in strict competition, makes him one of the greatest of all time.
6. Shaquille O'Neal - There wasn't anyone who could come even close to guarding him. He let new age fans get a little taste of what it may have been like to watch Chamberlain and Russell.
5. Bill Russell - Showed the extreme of what it means to play as a team. People forget that while his numbers weren't like his main rival, they still weren't too shabby! He served as the captain, the head coach and team star and still managed to win, win and win.
4. Wilt Chamberlain - Showed the extreme of how important athleticism is in this game. The record books say it all, but the guy basically made everyone else look inferior, and had fun while doing it.
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar - Jabbar's gift of consistency was also his curse in my opinion. Nevertheless, the guy managed not only to play well longer than anyone else, but be the best longer than anyone else.
2. Oscar Robertson - Never got to see him play live, but, like Chamberlain, the numbers don't lie. The footage that I've seen from him, however, is amazing and averaging a triple double undoubtedly shows greatness.
1. Michael Jordan -
What's your list?Can someone tell me how Kobe is better than anyone of the players on my list.
I have nothing against Kobe, in fact, I think he's the rightful owner of the 2008-09 MVP Award, but I honestly don't think he is better than Cousy was.Charles Barkley ---- Obviously would have been greater if Jordan hadn't of played, but I still don't consider him Top 15, or even Top 25 material.
Domnique Wilkins -- Actually my second favorite player of all time (after Karl Malone). Unfortunately, he shouldn't even be mentioned when talking about the Top 15.
Clyde Drexler --- Very overlooked in my opinion. The guy was a lil'Dr. J. I still don't think he beats Cousy though.John Stockton ---- I will give you guys this one. I wouldn't be mad switchin Cousy for Stockton.
Top 15 NBA Players All Time (Here's My List)?
I like Wilt Chamberlain he's a BEAST!
who is the best Bill Russell or Wilt Chamberlain?
Wilt the Stilt
Ok... I see those guys as THE ELITE. Do any of the following names belong up there next to those guys?
A question about the greatest NBA Players?
well, a few weeks ago i was attacked by a boxer. before this had happened, he was a really friendly dog. but ever since ive seen the owners start beating him, i believe he has gotten aggressive. the first night he got out he went on an attacking rampage alongside with the cocker spaniel who is a big chicken anyways and won't get anywhere near someone. apparently they had some how found or made a whole and attacked our female jack russell terrier. then went across the street and the boxer bit a kid on the back of the neck. went down the street attcked another female dog who is a dalmation, half blind and all the way deaf. then finally got into some one's garage and tried to take out another female dog and a male, lab and retriever. so is this normal for a male dog to attack females? when the boxer attacked me i definitely know he wasnt playing and the owners keep calling me a liar. its been proven that the boxer was the attacker on both dogs, ours and the dalmation of the owner. can any one tell us what to do in the mean time with these people or will a hearing cover it. all we want them to do is pay the vet bill and we will drop charges but they prefer to cuss us out. theyre not even suppose to have the dog in their back yard but there it is after a week. without the cocker
can someone answer my questions on dog attack please?
you can have rietire players on it or current players on it.
Mine would be
PG- Magic Johnson
SG- Michael Jordan
SF- Kobe Bryant
PF- Larry Bird
C- Bill Russell
what would be your ultimate NBA basketball lineup?
kareem abdul jabar